Michigan Dream Vacation Home Guest Terms and Conditions
These are the terms and conditions for this rental home. Please read them thoroughly, as you are responsible for all information within this document. Receipt of Terms and Conditions (page 1) or acceptance on Michigandreamvacation.com, Homeaway.com, VRBO or any other online listing service; will be considered your agreement to all terms and conditions.
Damage Waiver Fee
We do not charge a security deposit for our properties. In lieu of a security deposit for damages, we charge a flat fee for all damages up to $2,000. If during your stay, damages exceed $2,000; your credit card will be charged the balance of damages above $2,000. This damage waiver excludes damage caused by smoking, pets or criminal activity, as long as you report the damage before checking out.
Parties or events are not allowed under any circumstance. Evidence of parties or events (bachelor/bachelorette, wedding etc.) will result in additional damages charged to your credit card. We will also report your use of this home for these non-authorized events to any and all online listing service you may have used to secure this rental home.
Check-in is 4:00 PM Eastern Time (3:00 PM Central Time), unless you have arranged and paid for an early check-in. Cleaners and owner’s inspector will not allow early entry for any reason and are to inform the owner of any attempt.
Our properties are equipped with a Ring video doorbell. Generally, the video doorbell is located on the front door with coverage of the front yard, front walk and front door. All alerts are turned off during your stay and video will only pulled in the event of a security issue. If you need help with anything, please call or text Karen at 708-364-9331. There is NO indoor audio/video surveillance of the property, nor is there any type of artificial intelligence device (Alexa, Google Home, Echo Show, etc.).
All persons and personal items must be removed by 11:00 AM ET (10:00AM CT). Cleaners will enter and begin cleaning at 11 AM (10 AM CT). There is a $100 per hour fee, one-hour minimum, for anytime you are in the property after 11 AM (10 AM CT).
Cancellation / Refund Policy
A thirty (30) day notice is required for cancellation, your reservation will be 100% refunded if cancelled more that 30 days prior to arrival. 50% of reservation will be refunded if cancelled 15 - 30 days prior to reservation.
- Endless Blue maximum occupancy is ten (10). Please note, this home is located in Casco Township, Michigan. Local ordinance mandates certain max occupancies for this home. Ten (10) people regardless of age may be in this home. You could face civil penalties in addition to additional rental fees if more than max occupancy is at this home.
- West Winds maximum occupancy is twelve (12). Per our rental permit with Saguatuck Township, that number may not be exceeded.
- Pinecrest maximum occumpany is six (6).
Phones / Cable / Streaming Services
Dog Policy (Pinecrest Only)
- Well behaved, well-adjusted dogs are welcome and are limited to 2 dogs. Cats are not allowed due to severe owner allergies.
- Reservations including dogs will be charged a $150 pet fee per stay.
- All vaccinations and immunizations must be up to date.
- This includes flea treatments. Clean up after your dog to ensure the yard is clean for our next guests.
- Please do your best to ensure your dog will not bark excessively or roam into neighboring properties. Complaints may lead to eviction without refund and are solely at the discretion of the owner.
- Please do your best to keep dogs off of furniture or beds. Extra cleaning fees will be charged for dog hair left behind and can run as much as $250.
- A dog bed will be provided but, feel free to bring your dog’s favorite bed or kennel with you.
- Please keep your dog crated if you will leave the property for any length of time.
- Please don’t leave your dog unattended for long, extended periods of time. Dog owners are responsible for any damages your pet causes.
- Do your best to clean up after walks and hikes with your dog. This will help to ensure that no additional cleaning fees are necessary due pet related messes (i.e. muddy paw prints, fur on furniture). A $250 charge will be assessed to your credit card if excessive mess is reported; due to dogs.
Fire Pits and Fireplace
Lost and Found
Right of Entry
Tram and Stair Associations (Endless Blue only)
Guests and tenants understand that stairway, tram and revetment use for beach access is being provided by landlord/owner through THE NEW MIAMI PARK STAIRS ASSOCIATION and BEACHSIDE TRAM ASSOCIATION, WEST END INCLINE ASSOCATION, THE LAKE VIEW TRAM ASSOCIATION, LAKE MICHIGAN TRAM ASSOCIATION, ALL FOUR TRAMS and LAKESHORE BLUFF ASSOCATION (“Associations”) as a free accommodation to the rental tenant and their guests, and that such use may pose liability and risk. Being aware of such risk and liability, the tenant agrees that use shall be at their sole risk and not that of the respective Associations or owner. Tenant waives and releases any and all claims or potential claims against the Association’s arising from or relating to their use of the stairway or respective trams. Additionally, all respective guest(s) of Tenant waives and releases any and all claims or potential claims against the Associations arising from or relating to their use of the stairway or respective trams.
The renter(s) acknowledge property owners and their agents cannot be held responsible, regardless of fault, for any accident, loss, damage or injury suffered by the renter, members of their party or any other guests which renter or their party have allowed access to the property, regardless of said loss results, directly or indirectly, from acts of God, danger incident to any body of water, fire, breakdown of machinery, equipment, acts of government or other authorities, delays or cancellations of or changes in itineraries or schedule from acts of omission on any airline. Furthermore the renter will release and hold harmless any and all parties involved with the rental, management and reservations of the property and to release and hold harmless it’s owners and representatives for any loss or damage to personal property or for any injury or death.